It’s a few days past my normal 15th of the month deadline for posting videos, and I’m sorry about that. I had to finish my senior thesis for college and there wasn’t a lot of time for filming during that. But now! To get back into the swing of things, here’s another men’s tutorial. This one is for Rollo Lodbrok in Vikings. It’s super easy and quick – so quick in fact that there’s two styles taught in under 5 minutes! The first one is worn by Rollo in S2E1, “Brother’s War.” The second one is his warrior style while fighting in England in season 3.
Hair Length: at least collar bone length
Materials: three small hair elastics
Skills needed: English braid, rope braid
Time cost: 5-15 minutes
ideal hairtype: any
For the first style –
1) Grab a section of hair from along your side hairline on either side of your face.
2) Bring these sections together at the back of your head.
3) Turn them into three strands, and English braid to the ends. Secure the braid with a small hair elastic.
4) Grab a chunk of free hanging hair next to the English braid, and rope braid this to the ends.
5) Grab another chunk of hair on the other side of the English braid and also rope braid it to the ends.
For the second style –
1) Make two little rope braids with hair from your side or top hairline, one on each side of your face.
2) Grab these and two chunks of sideline hair (like in the last style) and bring them together at the back of your head.
3) Secure this into a little ponytail with a small hair elastic.
4) On one side of your head, pick up a section of hair and rope braid it to the ends.
5) Pick up a section of hair right next to that first rope braid, and also rope braid this to the ends.
Hope you try these out and enjoy them!7 by